Sunday, November 1, 2009

Plotting, planning and scheming for 2010


I'm the opposite of most people. Every August I seem to get depressed and irritated with every aspect of my life. The days get darker earlier and the end of summer is nearing. As winter and spring roll around, I snap out of it and get really excited for the cycling year that is ahead of me. I blame this nonsense on living in Wisconsin. One would think that after 33 years, I should have adjusted by now. Planning the next year helps turn my sadness around.

It's time to start using my gym membership that sits idle from May to October each year. This week I'll begin weight lifting and attending Pilates class. I need to really work on my back problem which stems from the soft tissue damage in my quad that I received from Treadfest 2007. Getting old sucks.

The diet down is on. Weighing and measuring food really sucks, but it's the only way to accurately track what is going into your body. And I like getting the weight drop done in a quick amount of time during base training.


As usual there will be plenty of trainer riding going on. But I tend to burn out fast - especially if the rides are more than 1.5 hours long.


Lights and high top boots have been my top purchases this fall. My pansy-ass is going to have to suck it up because I need to do some outside riding to maintain my sanity.




And of course, I'll have to change it up with some winter sports action.


Another ski trip out to Alpine Meadows in Tahoe would be nice.

WORS 2010. Game on people.

No comments: