Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alterra

Picture by Velogrrl

I can't seem to get my shit together this year with bikes, life or blogging. Somehow half a WORS season has passed me by and I have failed to get excited enough to blog about it. Maybe because the last few months of racing have consisted of mediocre results, face plants, crashes, hitting trees, smashing fingers, sore backs, poison oak and heat exhaustion.

My race at Alterra just was what it was. It began with an embarrassing start as my foot missed the pedal and I almost ate grass. You would have thought it was my first race ever. Lap one was spent expending my energy trying to make up for my slow start. Rode with the Comp men for the second and third laps. Nothing too exciting, but I was pleased that I was smooth in the singletrack for laps two and three. Not to mention that I stayed upright for the entire race. Mediocre result. Blah. That's what I get for partying for the last two weeks with my California pal, Brooke.


Picture by Velogrrl
Climbing never gets easier. You just go faster up the hill.

Thanks to the Alterra team for putting on a great race and also for lengthening the lap. My legs were very happy to only climb up that damn hill three times. Last year I remember climbing it four times. My head almost exploded, my legs hurt, I got the chills and realized I had my first case of heat exhaustion.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Good to see you having fun at Alterra.

Christine said...

funny thing, Bill Livingston is in a lot of pics with the girls at Alterra. He must like us :-)