Sunday, March 28, 2010

March is for Building Character

The last few weeks of my life have been crazy - work, workout, work, sleep a little, work, hit a few appointments and go to work some more.  I've somehow managed to get a decent block of training in for the month of March.  Even though I've been short on sleep and time, I took a much needed night off of training this week to see a show.  Jeff and I went to the High Noon Saloon for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.  Awesome.

I've been hitting up a group ride or two, but mostly going it solo.  Yesterday I made my way to Belleville and back.  I found a few hills there and also found myself lost a few times over.  A word of caution - the Bombay Rides book isn't always correct.  Today I rode to Poynette and back.  This is typically one of my favorite long rides to do, but unfortunately I battled a headwind for over two and a half hours.  And while today's ride was extremely miserable, I'll chalk it up to a character building experience.

When I stepped on the scale today, it read 114.0 lbs.  It's probably been over ten years since I've seen that small of a number.  And let me tell you, it is no accident that I've come to weigh this little.  So I rode my miserable 60 miles and celebrated with a butter burger.  The last time one of those things passed by my lips was October.  Character building.

No comments: