Friday, October 7, 2011

Paleo Diet - Game On.

The Bachnessmonster has resigned himself to the possibility that he might be gluten intolerant.  How many stages of grief are there?  Shock, Denial, Anger?  I'm really not sure, but I think we've finally arrived at Acceptance.  For the month of October we are officially on the Paleo Diet (I'm really viewing it as an elimination diet).

Vino at the Tornado Room

So last weekend we hit the town and said goodbye to some of our favorite foods....at least for one month.  Goodbye protein pancakes and sprouted english muffins. I'll see you in 30 days.  No, don't be silly.  I'm not giving up my wine.  Now that would just be crazy.


What the hell is Dragon Fruit?  I'm still not sure.

Jeff said a very sad farewell to his beloved bread, beer and potato chips.  But we spent some time grocery shopping and spicing up our food repertoire a little.  Trying things like Dragon Fruit was a new experience for both of us.

Dinner on Tuesday night.

I really don't feel deprived eating this way and scarfing down a significant volume of food is seriously in my wheelhouse.  It's great.  I might have to go back to tracking my calories/carbs to make sure I'm eating enough and fueling my workouts.  Out of the box, the Paleo Diet can be a bit lowish carb if you are not cognizant of what is going in the pie hole.  After all, if I'm going to take a beating in the WCA cyclocross series this fall, I don't want it to be because I didn't eat enough bananas or sweet potaotes.  I'll take my beatings fair and square like a big girl.



Eating this way is really not very different from my typical routine.  Just a few tweaks here and there.  Two weeks of not riding the bike and one week of the Paleo diet, should make She-Vegas very interesting.


1 comment:

Corey said...

I'm pretty sure bourbon is a phase