Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pepper Bach 2003-2011

 
As I'm trying to type this post, tears are uncontrollably running down my face and I can not see.

I used to be a rock.  Now I realize that I am not.

I used to be able to withstand anything.  But now I know I am at my limit. 

I used to be embarrassed to cry in front of others.  This week I broke down in front of everyone in my personal and professional life.  I'm not going to apologize.

In a twisted turn of events we lost our sweetly sensitive 8 year old dog.  The way it went down was totally unfair and fucked.  We may never know why and that makes it all the bit harder.

Jeff and I spent every penny we had but could not save her.  Let me assure you that it was more than two carbon hardtails worth.  I almost cashed out my 401k today to keep her alive, but Pepper's body couldn't fight the good fight.

We are flat broke now.  I really don't even care.  Money seems pretty meaningless.

When she left this earth, Jeff and I were whispering sweet nothings in her ear....with promises of tennis balls and squirrels when she got to the other side.

The house is so quiet that it is completely unbearable.



 
To me she was that one in a million dog that oozed with herding dog sweetness.



I fear that there is more tragedy of the human variety waiting around the corner for us.  So Jeff and I will probably be off the grid for a while.

See you in a few weeks.

No comments: