Friday, April 18, 2008

New bike, first miles.

Which bike should I ride today?









The new singlespeed it is. Good thing I was heading out for an easy spin as the 34/18 - 175 crank was quite under geared for road riding. It might work pretty well for a Wednesday night ChainSmoker STXC race at Blackhawk though.

Knowing full well that it would probably start raining during my ride, I decided to leave my rain coat and fenders at home. My year off from cycling has softened me and it's time to toughen up a bit. I headed out on the Governor's Mansion-Tenney Park-Memorial Union route; it's a nice ride along Lake Mendota that I do when it needs to stay mellow.










I took this picture a good distance away from the Governor's Mansion. There were many people hanging around there today and I didn't want them to think I was a crazy picture snapping psycho biker chick. That's all I need is some secret service agent taking me out with a tazer gun.










Next, I rolled past Tenney Park. On the way I passed a guy riding a unicycle with his dog in tow. Unfortunately I couldn't get the camera out of my pocket in time for that one.










Onto the Memorial Union, then State Street. I would have stopped for a beer on the Terrace but it started to rain so I headed back home.










All in all, it's not a bad little bike but I'm truly amazed that my arse found the narrow WTB saddle comfortable.










I should have brought the rain coat...

No comments: